14 December 2005

Mild turbulance

I got through immigration without any problems, and was met at arrivals by my agency contacts' non-English speaking sister, who was quick to inform me that she was suffering with a cold. I too felt a bit of something coming on towards the end of my flight, but I could not tell if it was the air-conditioning on the aeroplane, or if I have caught something nasty from my grandmother.

I had no sleep on the aeroplane and am having to force myself to stay awake to 9-10pm ish (2 hours 20 minutes to go....). When I arrived I discovered that I am only training at Gwanak SLP, and will start working at the new SLP branch once it has finished being refurbished, and once I have my E2 visa. Memories came flooding back of a conversation I had with the boss about starting at a new place, but I was under the impression that Gwanak is the new branch, due to Gwanak being on my contract. In between the confusion of language barrier and the frustration of a quiet connection between my boss' phone and my parents' in England, and explaining to Mr Lee, and the vice president Catherine that the agency had forwarded me the contract with 'Gwanak SLP' typed in where the name of the other branch should be....(and why did he not notice himself?) I have decided to go with the flow, as long as a) I don't run out of money and b) that everything gets done legally.

The accommodation I am currently occupying is thus temporary. It is a room on the top floor of the school that has been converted into living space for emergencies. The plus side is that I will turn up for my training on time. The down side is that I am not able to produce a private phone number or address as I have neither. I wonder how long I will be in that room for. At any rate, it explains the elusiveness over my address....the boss probably hasn't organised my accommodation for the new place either.

When I see him I have a list of questions that need definate answers.

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 7:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snaps fingers*

You go girlfriend!!

 
At 12/18/2005 9:49 pm, Blogger Louise said...

Sorry Mic, I have deleted your comment by accident.

I was offered the job 4 days after arriving in the UK. If the boss had his own way, I would have been here earlier.

Thanks Lee for being quick to keep up with my new blog
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home