05 January 2006

A New Year

I am nearing the end of my first week teaching at Jungnan SLP. So far no-one has a full time-table. We only have classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (the same classes on each day), but there is so much paperwork to do on Tuesday and Thursday (because it is a new branch) that we are kept busy regardless. We are assigned classes in pairs, one foreign teacher and one Korean teacher...so much better than my last place where it was just me and 5 Korean teachers to liase with! I slowly settingly into my new apartment, so far having raided the chon-won markets for bits and pieces that I might need.

Next Monday I am going to Japan to get my visa. I will not leave to go to the airport until all our classes are finished at 6pm. The other two foreign teachers are coming with me to get theirs, which makes me feel more safe than the notion of going alone. After visiting the Korean embassy we will fly back to Korea the next day.Last weekend was spent at Sokcho, a small but bussling town in the neighbouring province east of Seoul. Unwittingly I had chosen a very popular destination for New Year. It seemed that every Korean and his dog had flocked to the mountains and the piers to celebrate the coming new year....to watch the first sun of the new year appear over the mountains and sea.

Tomorrow night I am travelling to Gunsan to catch up with a couple of friends. It has been almost 5 months, and so I am really looking forward to seeing them again.

6 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 11:38 pm, Blogger Louise said...

I slowly settingly? and to think I am an English teacher.

 
At 1/06/2006 1:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louise how do you always get good looking Korean guys?

 
At 1/06/2006 4:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Louise!

 
At 1/06/2006 7:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we all have lapses.

Glad to know you're OK, I got worried when you didn't update for a fortnight!!

 
At 1/07/2006 10:46 pm, Blogger Louise said...

Anonymous,

I will let him know that an anonymous poster on my blog thinks he is good-looking (unless anonymous is you Songsu,as a joke).

Stu, Happy new year to you too! May it be a successful one!

Lee, I really don't go on the internet that often, usually too busy. But I know I should....otherwise what is the point of keeping a blog, right?

Penguin, first time I have seen you here...what brought you to my blog...just happened to be the 'next blog'? Things are going ok so far, thankyou.

Mic, Thankyou for the well-wishes. Please keep reading in a bored moment.

 
At 1/07/2006 11:48 pm, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Hi Louise :)

To answer your question from my blog...

Adding video to your blog..Well I am certainly not an expert in the subject but I did find a website that makes it soooo easy!

http://www.youtube.com/

You need to sign up like you would an e-mail account and just follow the very easy steps. Once you've uploaded your video they will give you an html code which you just drop in your post on blogger and voila! I hope that helps you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home