21 July 2007

I Have Something Some Of You Don't (so nerdy ner).


It's 4.30pm Seoul time, but I bought it at 2pm. Being hours ahead of the UK, I started reading it before many of you got out of bed. Yes, that's right...I am now on the 20th page of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. While some other people camped outside Piccidilly Waterstones in the drizzle wearing silly costumes, I simply saunted over to the bookshelf in Bandi & Luni's and picked up my copy without further ado. Perhaps not earlier than those who waited outside Asda or Waterstone's and bought their copy at midnight, but certainly earlier than those who are expecting a delivery from Amazon at 9am GMT.
I started reading it on the subway train on the way home. A couple of teenage girls noticed that it was Harry Potter 7 but I had to break the news to them that the Korean edition is not out yet (or at least, I have not seen it in any of the bookshops). I also have something to tease my students with over the next few weeks...


I'm planning on making Songsu read it from cover to cover in English...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home